So when my daughter decided she wanted to build a fairy cottage, there was no holding her back. She designed, selected, and constructed her new fairy cottage, on her own, with mum watching. It was hours of fun and a double thumbs up from her and the fairies!
Fairy cottage equipment
- 1 x terracotta pot
- 1 x funnel
- 1x aquadhere exterior wood glue clear
- Paddle pop sticks for spreading the glue
- Sandwich bags for making the square tiles
- Sand paper
- Easy surface prep for the funnel (to help bind the glue to the plastic)
- Selection of pebbles and stones
- Fairy door set
- Peat moss for the roof
Steps for construction
- Lightly sand the funnel and rub in some surface prep.
- On the plastic sandwich bags, make some squares from the glue.
- Add small stones to the glue squares, leave for 24 hours to bind.
- Once the tiles have formed, gently peel them off the plastic. The glue on the back of the tile will still be wet.
- Add more glue to the back of the tile and stick on the pot.
- Position the door, window, and flower pot.
- Once secured and semi-dried, start filling in the gaps with glue and single stones.
- Create triangles with the glue for the roof & strips for the base of the pot.
- lastly, create strips of glue, and add the moss. Let it bind for a couple of hours and peal it off and glue on the roof where the gaps are.
10. Find an awesome spot in your garden.