I love having something on hand in the fridge for when you are super busy or you need a side for a BBQ. This Healthy Brown Rice Salad with Cashews is bursting with flavour and nourishing goodness.
You can grow your own capsicums, spring onions, Italian parsley, garlic and ginger to add to this recipe. Keeping it super fresh and tasting amazing.
Brown Rice Salad with Cashews
- 1 1/2 x cups of brown rice
- 3 x spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 x cup raisins
- 1/3 x cup of cashews
- 1 x tin of chickpeas (400gm)
- 2 x tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley
Dressing (note you only add 6 tablespoons to this recipe)
- 1/2 x cup good quality olive oil
- 3 x tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce
- 2 x tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 x clove of garlic, crushed
- 1cm x grated ginger
- seasoning to taste
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the pack, usually around 40min, drain and rinse.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl and mix through.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a shaker or a container with a tightly fitted lid. Blend by shaking.
- Add only 6 tablespoons to your rice and mix through.
I’ve added corn to this recipe as well which gives it a bit of sweetness, but experiment and make this recipe your own.