A super teacher deserves an awesome gift to show your child’s commitment to learning for the year. Why not gift your new super teacher something that can grow with your child. My kids were so excited when they handed their teachers gifts out last week. It’s one of those proud Mumma moments that you get when your kids are beaming with pride.
We decided to make our gifts with all elements focused on growth, so plants were of course top of the list. Rulers and pencils symbolised learning, so we wanted to include these as well. I guess this is what it’s really all about right?
I love this concept because it establishes up front that the year is all about growing and learning.
If your child has a top teacher this year and wants to show them how excited they are to be spending the year in their class, maybe your kids can try making our DIY teachers gifts.
Super Teacher – what you’ll need
- Planter boxes
- Succulent soil
- Succulent cuttings
- Decorative stones
- Rules & pencils
Super Teacher – method
- Cut the rulers using a drop saw and glue around the planter
- Fill the planters with succulent soil
- Add succulents and gently press down
- A bit more soil to cover the top of the plants will keep them protected
- Now it’s time for your decorative stones
- Make your pencil flags with leftover ruler and glue to the pencils
- Spray with water
Note: you only need to spray succulents every few days to a week.