Pumpkin Mac n Cheese
We recently featured on Kidspot for World Pumpkin Day with 2 amazing pumpkin recipes for the kidlets one of which was pumpkin mac n cheese. We all know how hard it can be for some kids to eat vegetables. It’s one of those hot topics and something mums around the globe continue to struggle with.
I’ve found that masking vegetables, to begin with, and learning how to grow your own at home, are 2 core strategies that continue to work for many families time and time again.
You might also like this post on:
Below is a favourite weekend treat for my kids. Who would have thought pumpkin was a treat right?
Kidspot – GUEST POST
Kids love this pumpkin recipe, you have to try this one! Full recipe on our website!
Posted by Family Garden Life on Monday, 13 November 2017
Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
- 250 grams uncooked pumpkin (skin off) approximately equals 1 cup of mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 300 grams dried macaroni
- Cook macaroni to pack directions.
- Chop pumpkin, steam & mash.
- In a bowl add pumpkin, cheese, butter, milk & garlic powder.
- Transfer to a saucepan & melt.
- Dish out cooked macaroni & top with sauce.