Behind the Recipe
Recipe by: Nadège, who is French, and has been in Australia since 2007.
I am the mother of two adorable little boys and I love spending a lot of time in my kitchen. I enjoy exploring alternatives to traditional French recipes that are healthy and use non-processed and organic ingredients (when accessible). I love sharing my recipes.
As a Health and Nutrition Coach, I provide nutritional guidance, support and motivation to achieve my client’s health goals.
I work mainly with busy mums to help them in losing weight, regain more energy or simply become healthier. I meet my clients face to face or via Skype and also organise grocery shopping tours in local supermarkets in Hunters Hill, Gladesville and Ryde areas.
I believe each individual has special needs and that being healthy involves more than just a ‘balanced’ diet. In addition to understanding my client dietary habits, I also look at other aspects of his life such as:
- Sleep and energy
- Physical activity
- Life balance
If you would like to know more about my services and the benefits of having a health coach, book your 30 minutes FREE discovery session today!
3 x medium green zucchini, cut into thin slices
1 x large eggplant, cut into thin slice
3 x medium tomatoes cut into 1 cm thick slices
1 x large brown onion, sliced
2 x cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease an oven proof-baking dish with olive oil and add the sliced zucchini, eggplants, onions and tomatoes alternating colors and overlapping them.
- Salt the dish
- Brush the vegetables with the remaining olive oil and some rosemary
- After cooking the vegetables for about 30 minutes, add 150ml of boiled water to the dish to avoid the vegetables to burn.
- Let them for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown slightly.
Tian is the oven-proof earthenware dish we use to traditionally cook the vegetables. In France, we usually serve it with a salad or with grilled chicken or beef. It is a very healthy meal as it only contains vegetables and just a little bit of olive oil.