Lemon Chicken Drumsticks: No carbs, no sugar, no worries!
Chicken drumsticks are a very cost efficient option for dinner. Try and seek out organic meat when you can. This is a great dish to serve for both dinner and lunch the next day. I always try to cook evening meals to cater for the next day as well. It just makes sense to pack my husband lunch that is healthy, and having a better choice in the fridge helps with my selection as well.
What you need
- 12 chicken drumsticks (organic if possible)
- 2 x carrots (cut in 1/2 & then in 1/4)
- 1 x zucchini (cut in 1/2 & then in 1/4)
- 1/2 bunch of spinach / silver beet (stem removed, roughly chopped)
- 1 x head of cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 1 x lemon (cut in 1/4)
- 5 x tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 x lemon squeezed
- 1 1/2 x tablespoons of ground coriander
- 2 x tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 2 x tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 x red chilli (de-seeded & finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees
- Arrange the chicken, carrots, zucchini, lemon in a large baking tray
- Combine 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, lemon juice, coriander, smoked paprika, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic & chilli and spoon over the chicken & vegetables
- Season to your liking
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, turning once or twice
- Place the cauliflower in a saucepan and cook until tender, drain. Puree with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and season well.
- Steam the spinach / silver beet until wilted.
Place the cauliflower puree on the plate first, then the spinach / silver beet on top. Add the drumsticks & other veggies and drizzle over the sauce.
Don’t forget to leave some for the next day!!!!